WHAT IS A STORY:
In this unit, students read stories that provide models the narrative/story form. They learn about the characteristics of narrative/stories"characters, setting, events. problems, and solutions. As students read the stories and view the illustrations and book covers they develop:
1. an understanding of the characteristics of narrative/short stories
2. the reading and listening strategy of making connections
3. the writing strategy of choosing a big idea
4. an understanding of purpose and audience for book covers
5. word work, word study, and vocabulary skills.
Tr. Merve :)