We had a great week last week alhamdulilah!
Language: We have been learning how to find the main idea and supporting details in a fiction and non fiction text.
Math: Last week, we started a new unit, Mass and Capacity. We watched videos showing the capacity and mass of different containers/objects and learned how to measure by completing pages in our math book.
Science: We started a new unit in Science called "Movement". In this unit students will
- Investigate and describe different kinds of movement (e.g., by observing how toys and other everyday objects move)
- Investigate the structure and function of simple machines.
- identify the six basic types of simple machines – lever; inclined plane; pulley; wheel and axle, including gear; screw; and wedge – and give examples of ways in which each is used in daily life to make tasks easier.
Social Studies: Students watched an informative video about different communities around the world and then as a class, we discussed the similarities and differences between our community and those communities. Students also learned about urban and rural communities and completed a worksheet where they wrote down the similarities and differences between them.
Art: Students learned what a horizon line is and what one point perspective is. They made a landscape with different types of lines and one vanishing point. Then, they used coloured markers and oil pastels to finish their drawing on sketch paper, They all did a wonderful job, MashaAllah!
May Du'aa: Please help your child to memorize the following dua:
أَسْأَلُكَ حُبَّكَ، وَحُبَّ مَنْ يُحِبُّكَ، وَحُبَّ عَمَلٍ يُقَرِّبُنِي إِلَى حُبِّكَ اللَّهُمَّ
Allāhumma as’aluka Hubbak wa Hubba man yuHibbuk, wa Hubba `amalin yuqaribunee elaa Hubbik
“O Allah, I ask You for Your love, the love of whomever You love, and of the deeds that bring one nearer to Your love"
- Spelling quiz on Monday (Lessons 25-29)
- Tennis Lesson for grade 2A on Monday (period 6).
- Science quiz on ``Air and Water in the Environment`` on Friday. Practice sheet for the test is in the homework pack.
- Homework pack is due on Friday.
Have a great Sunday!