Your child is learning to write descriptions. I will send a writing assignment today inshallah. The assignment as followed:
When you write to describe something, you are painting a picture with words. A good what to describe something is to use words that tell the reader how something, looks, sounds, feels, tastes, and smells.
choose a topic to write from the list below or come up with one of your own:
1. a storm
2. a place that makes you happy
3. a scary place
4. a place you love
5. what is your topic
Make a list of ideas you want to include in your description.
- look over your list and connect ideas that belong together
- number the ideas to show which one will come fist in your description
- write your description on another piece of paper
- think of a title for your description
- read your description out loud to your family.
It is due Tuesday January 21, 2014