Today we had a fabulous day alhamdulilah!
Math: We are learning how to tell the time to the hour, half-hour and quarter-hour. We are also learning how to add 15 minutes to the time (e.g. 9:00 - 9:15 - 9:30 - 9: 45 - 10:00).
Students completed page 62 in their Math books and we played Clock Bingo!
Language: Today students wrote sentences in their journals about doing good deeds in the 10 days of Dhul-Hiijah and they circled the verbs.
Science: We completed a worksheet where students wrote five special things they learned about mammals.
Gym: We played People to People and Hop and Switch!
Islamic Studies: We talked about some of the good deeds we could do in these blessed days and we went to the park and sang our lovely nasheed about Hajj.
- Math book pages 57, 59 and 62 (Home Connection)
- Science Word Puzzle (Students find the mammals)
- Students have a spelling quiz on Monday. The list words are : fox, cut, hill, wind, put, all, moon, saw, tell, new
- Today students took home the flyer for the Eid festival.
- In shaa Allah the coming Tuesday will be Spirit Day! Students are encouraged to wear something red. On Tuesday students should also bring in non- perishable food items for our Sadaqa Food Bank drive. In shaa Allah grade 2A will be competing with 2B and the class with the most food items will have a popcorn party!
I hope you all have a great weekend!