We had a fabulous day today alhamdulilah!
Computer lab: Today students practiced what we learned last computer class. They changed the font, size and color on a word document. We also learned to COPY and PASTE.
Reading/Writing: Students sat on the carpet and I read an informative book called "White Sharks" since we are learning about fish. We learned interesting facts about white sharks. Then, each student wrote an informative piece about white sharks.
Math: Today we learned how to measure using standard units. Each student measured two objects in centimeters, and we completed page 45 in our math books where we learned about CENTIMETERS, METERS and PERIMETER. We copied the definitions (cm, m and p) in our math journals and each student found the perimeter (distance around) of his/her desk.
Bubble Gum Fun: We had bubble gum and learned to make bubbles! We will be writing about "How to Make a Bubble with Bubble Gum" next week isA :)
- Spirit day # 4 is on Thursday January 28th and it will be MELLOW YELLOW DAY :)
- Spelling quiz on lesson 17 (words that end in LE) is on Monday.
- Please sign your child's spelling notebook.
- Homework pack is due on Wednesday... Tr. Salam's students were also assigned homework this week (a letter was sent home from Tr. Salam)
- Students took home a worksheet that Sr. Madlien assigned about ANIMAL BUNCHES. Have fun researching the names of different animal bunches with your child :)
I hope you have a great long weekend insha'Allah!