I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather.
Here are some updates:
Reading: On Wednesday Sana M. read us a funny book about monsters called " Monsters Love Underpants". Masha'Allah she did a great job reading the book!
Yesterday Sr. Madlien read the class a great book that teaches us to be more humble and accept the advice of others! The book is called" King Hugo's Huge Ego". Students also completed a worksheet where they circled the meanings of vocabulary words.
Spelling: We completed lesson 13 in our spelling books where students learned words with "L and R" blends.
Vocabulary: Students played " CATEGORIES" where they sorted words in the write categories (nouns, verbs or adjectives), and the first team to finish won!
Grammar/ Writing: Yesterday we reviewed compound sentences, and then students completed a worksheet where they sorted simple and compound sentences independently.
Today students maintained stamina during WORK ON WRITING, and their task was to write 5 compound sentences.
Math: Students learned about PICTOGRAPHS. They wrote down the purpose of pictographs in their journals, and they each made their own pictograph.
Students worked independently to complete a worksheet on pictographs.
Today we worked in groups to show the different weather we had in April. Each group took a calendar that shows the different weather in April, they worked together to make a tally chart and a pictograph. Then, they answered questions about their pictograph.
Science: Today students worked independently to write 5 special things they learned about amphibians in their science folders.
Masha'allah Fatima and Ahmed did a great job presenting their projects today. We learned lovely facts about beetles and penguins!
- Students have a spelling quiz on lesson 13 on Monday. The list words are: grass, trunk, truck, flew, flat, class, plate, from, glove, friend
- Students should also learn to spell sixteenth, seventeenth and eighteenth.
- Students have a math test on BAR GRAPHS and PICTOGRAPHS on Wednesday (12/16/2015).
- Students will be taking a Math pack tomorrow isA.
- Work on the animal project (Project requirements and due dates were emailed on Nov 30th)
- Please sign your child's agenda.
I hope you all have a great evening!