Today we had a great day alhamdulilah!
Reading: After talking about the elections and our new Prime Minister, students maintained stamina for 33 minutes today while reading to self. Way to go 2A! I worked with some students on the DRA (Development Reading Assessment) where students read to me and answered questions about what they read.
Spelling: We did lesson 6 (Review on lessons 1 to 5) in our spelling books.
Math: We went over the different strategies to solve a pattern word problem by using a T chart, 3 column table and counters. After that students solved a word problem on growing patterns in their math books using a T Chart, 3 column table, or counters.
Science: We discussed the characteristics of birds and how they are similar to and different from reptiles. Students started working on a worksheet about birds where they filled in the blanks using a word bank.
- Complete lesson 6 in the spelling book.
- Practice Surah Al- Ghashiah Ayah 1 to 5.
- Please sign your child's spelling quiz.
- Homework pack is due tomorrow.
- Students have a spelling quiz on Monday on lesson 6 (Review of list words in lessons 1 to 5)
I hope you have a wonderful evening!