We had a GREAT day today alhamdulilah!
Today Adman told the class the story of Ashurah and how Allah (SWT) saved Musa and his people.
Reading: Students maintained stamina for 23 minutes while reading to self and completing their noun hunt. I worked with some students on the DRA.
Science: Two groups presented their mind maps about birds in front of the class. Then students worked independently to write 5 special things about birds.
Math: We solved a growing pattern word problem as a class in a T Chat, and we wrote what we used to solve the problem (WIN: words, illustration, numbers). After that students worked independently to complete a worksheet on growing patterns where they completed growing patterns and came up with their own growing patters in T Charts.
Islamic Studies: We finished reading the story of Prophet Adam and we learned the names of Allah (SWT), Al- Ghafar and Al- Ghafoor (The All Forgiving).
Art: Today students used egg shells to make a lovely frame with Allah's name, Al- Awal. Masha'Allah they all did a wonderful job. Tr. Hina prepared the egg shells for us :)
Clean up Time: The 2As worked together to sort, clean and organize our class. They did a fabulous job working together masha'Allah!
- Homework pack is due on Wednesday.
- Monday's spelling quiz will be a revision on lessons 1 to 5. Revise the list words with your child in a fun and engaging way by playing a game where you select three words from each lesson and your child has for example 20 seconds to write them and collect points :)
- Encourage your child to explore Razkids.
- Thursday, Oct 29th is Spirit Day (TWINS DAY)..... Read the flyer for more information about Spirit Day: http://elementarybulletin.abraarschool.com/
- Today students took home a field trip form which is due on Nov 2nd isA. The trip is on Nov 10th.
- Insha'Allah we will be celebrating our classdojo points next week.
I hope you all have a great weekend!