Today we had a wonderful day alhamdululilah!
Reading: After going over the I Chart for Read to Self, students took their book boxes and read quietly while some students read to me.
Carpet Time/ Writing: We sat on the carpet and talked about our field trip yesterday to the Mountain Orchard. Students talked about their favorite part of the trip and the different activities we got to do yesterday. We also talked about how we felt and some things we learned about apples.
Then, we went over the 5Ws + 1 and students came up with questions about the trip. They went back to their places and wrote about yesterday's field trip in their journals.
Math: Students finished page 7 in their math books where they described a pattern, they drew patterns on their whiteboards and defined PATTERN, CORE and ATTRIBUTE in their own words in their math journals.
Science: Students sat on the carpet and we went over how animals are categorized into groups. We learned more about mammals, and students worked in groups to write 5 special things about mammals on chart paper.
Character Assembly: We went to the gym and the grade 4s performed beautifully on stage to show us what cooperation is.
- Today students took home the hot lunch forms.
- They also took School Run Pledge sheets and name tags for tomorrow's Terry Fox run.
- Students took the Scholastic flyers today. Please only send cheques and not cash.
- Tomorrow we will be baking apple pie in shaa' Allah, so if your child has an apron, please send it with him/her to school.
- Alhamdulilah the school provided us with the blue and green notebooks for spelling/writing, so if you were not able to find the notebooks, do not worry about purchasing them.
I hope you all have a great evening!